- A leading WA First Season Sire in 2012.
- Proven outcross for Danehill sireline.
- Yearlings sold up to $100,000
- Precocious group winning 2YO, by Champion Sire Hussonet.
- Champion WA First Season and 2YO Sire in 2011.
- Leading WA Second Season Sire in 2012 with Multiple Stakes
- Multiple group winning 3YO by Danehill from Sadler's Wells mare.
Heytesbury Stud has a well established reputation for breeding, selling and racing champion thoroughbreds. Our stallions continue this tradition, representing a variety of consistently successful sire lines and unrivalled value. Our property has world class facilities and is conveniently located in Keysbrook, one hour south of Perth.
- Group winning son of Red Ransom (USA)
- Sprinter - Miler from a Machiavellian mare.
- Winner at 2 and 3 and Group 1 placed at 4.
Photos and video links soon...
Stud to Cease Operations in 2014
After more than forty years of breeding and racing thoroughbreds in Western Australia, Heytesbury Stud has announced it will cease operations in 2014.
Heytesbury Stud will offer yearlings at the upcoming Perth Magic Millions sales, and its remaining horses at a combination of auction and private sale over the coming months.
The only exception will be their exciting new stallion Ouqba, a Group winning son of Red Ransom, who will continue to stand in WA at another stud (details to be announced soon).
Highlights for Heytesbury Stud over the decades include standing stallions such as Haulpak (perhaps WA’s greatest ever sire), Pago Pago (Golden Slipper winner and Champion Sire), Silver Knight (winner of 1971 Melbourne Cup), Family of Man (Australian Horse of the Year), Is It True (Breeders’ Cup Winner), Carry A Smile (WA Horse of the Year), Success Express (Breeders’ Cup Winner), Saxon (Champion First Season and 2YO Sire in WA), Husson Lightning (currently leading 2YO Sire in WA). Continued.